I wasn't so sure we were even going to get one this year. We have just been so busy and to be honest it just seemed like a lot of work for just having some decorations...I just have been feeling burnt out lately. But Dennis insisted that he had time and so we planned to go get our tree on Saturday. Of course George was taking his nap and I decided I wanted to go to a new tree farm so Dennis started looking on-line and they all close at 5. It was just after 4 and George was still asleep. So we scratched our plans and moved them to Sunday.
Sunday we went to 11:00 church and then headed to Arby's for lunch. Every time we get a tree after church we eat at Arbys. Then we headed off to Trees & Traditions in LeClaire. Mind you that George refused to take a morning nap and by the time we finished lunch it was after 1.
In typical George fashion he wanted to walk and didn't want to stay near us. So off we went to hunt out our "perfect" Christmas Tree. I picked one out pretty early on that I thought was decent but Dennis wasn't sold so we kept looking. George ran around the trees looking cute and not wanting us to hold him. We continued our journey and switched to the other side of the worn path. This was a mistake. It meant crossing the path they drive the gator on which was basically mud valley. George had already walked through it once and now I was trying to herd him across to the other side.
We were good until Mr. Independent decided it was fun and doubled back. Then he fell. He fell forward catching himself with is hands and then sat back...in the mud. I didn't want to touch him because now he is covered in mud and he is screaming. He does not want to be held but he is upset...I really don't know what he wanted...all I know is he was screaming...and screaming...and screaming. He was really tired...it was like 3 and he hadn't napped all day. So then I yelled at Dennis and said...just cut down the one I wanted in the first place...so we did while George cried. :) I love making memories.
| Note the "Mud Path" in background. This is pre-fall |
We hightailed it back to their barn and I went and got the wipes to clean him up. Then he started screaming again. His hands were freezing and I think they were burning with the wipes while I tried to clean the mud off :(. But after he was cleaned up a bit he settled down to get a few pictures on their pretend sleigh.
While our tree certainly isn't perfect it really is a pretty good one and I'm overall satisfied. Next time I will bring the stroller...and gloves...and maybe one of those leash things. We put George straight down for a nap...in his totally muddy jeans and when he got up we decorated the tree together. He pretty much just pulled tissue paper out of boxes and stole ornaments...and phones...
Now if I could just finish the shopping and start wrapping :)
No comments:
Post a Comment