Monday, February 20, 2012

Cake Decorating

During the month of January I participated in a cake decorating class through Michaels.  I have always wanted to take a class but needed someone to take it with.  Then my good friend Joanna asked if I would take one with her and I jumped at the chance.  So the two of us and another one of her friends, Kristi, took the class together.  It lasted 4 weeks and due to some cancellations I only ended up being able to go to 3 of the weeks.  As they were canceled the were rescheduled out another week and then they ran into February and into our trip to Hawaii so I had to miss the last one.  She said I could make up the last class when she teaches the next one so we will see I may still get to do it.

Anyway, the first week we decorated cookies, the second week a cake, and the third week cupcakes.  The fourth week was another cake which I had already made so I went ahead and decorated it for the Superbowl even though I wasn't at class.  I don't have a picture of the cookies.  Oh and week two (cake) was also canceled but I decorated the cake for a coworkers birthday (pink flower)

I had a great time decorating and learned quite a bit.  I knew many of the things she told us but it gave me some new great tips and also built my cake decorating confidence.

Cake for coworker birthday.

Cupcake - Week 2.  I ran out of time. I literally did the cupcake in about 3 minutes.

Cupcakes with flowers, rosettes, puff balls, and spiky flower things.

Up close - flowers

Up close - spiky flower

Superbowl Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment