Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter 2012

Christ is Risen!

Sometimes it is so hard to remember that Jesus and rising from the dead is what changes everything for us as Christians.  I get caught up in day to day tasks.  But the reality is, if Jesus was just another guy his bones would still be in that tomb and nothing would have changed.  But because of God's sacrifice everything changes and everything is going to be okay!  Because of his sacrifice we, as Christians, don't have to fear death but rather we know that we have the gift of eternal life.  This Easter I hope you were able to take sometime to praise God for his eternal sacrifice!

We had a fabulous Easter Sunday spending time with my family.  My grandma was able to come which is a miracle in itself.  Her health has been stable for a little while now but the reality is that each holiday we are able to enjoy with her is a gift I try not to take for granted.  The same should be said about the rest of my family because life is not a guarantee - each day comes only once.  But I digress.
With my grandma!


Easter was wonderful.  As my sister often says "I just love it when we all get together like this".  As much as we tease her when she says it, it is so true!  I love my family and we have a lot of fun when we are all together.

George and Natalie's boys dyed eggs together on Saturday and did a lot of playing.  On Sunday everyone was over at my parents for a Easter lunch.  Everything was delicious.  I ate a ton because I knew I was starting my diet/exercise plan the next day.  The kids all received generous Easter buckets from my parents and then went on several Easter Egg hunts. 
I'm sorry mom, I do what??
The boys dyeing eggs.  Check out that form Logan!
George getting his Easter bucket from Grandma and Papa
George liked to pick up the eggs and put them in his bucket but he also liked to put the eggs back into the bush or other hiding place he found it.  It was pretty cute.  All the kids had a blast running around and finding the eggs and then continually hiding them and finding them again. 
Green Egg.  Green bush.  Brilliant Child...
All the kids hunting for eggs.
After the egg hunt we managed to get an immediate family photo that turned out very well.

It was a wonderful day and the whole weekend refreshed me.  I was able to catch up with my friend Kerry and spent quality time with my mom and sisters.  Exactly what I needed.  Hope your Easter was equally as wonderful!
Happy Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment