Due to my lack of timely posting you are getting a two for one on birthday party specials!
March is a crazy birthday month in my family. Both of my sisters have their birthdays along with my brother-in-law Paul. We don't do a whole lot as far as get together for the adults but we also have two kids birthdays in the month. This year sweet Mariana turned ONE and Jack turned FOUR!
While the parties occurred on two weekends I just haven't had the time to get the posts up.
We had gorgeous weather for Mari's party a couple weekends ago and had a wonderful time at my sisters house. We grilled out, had party mac 'n cheese, a beautiful and tasty cake and the kids had a blast playing outside and at the park right next door. I was exhausted by the end because somehow I ended up being the scary, chase the kids around roaring, monster. I need to be more careful about that...I was simply trying to instigate the game where they thing alligators are in the rocks and you can't touch the ground or the gator gets you but apparently I was the scary monster.
For Jack's birthday my sister had a pool party/garbage truck theme. We had a great time swimming at an indoor pool with a fabulous kids area. George loved playing in the water and did a great job. He wasn't scared to float around with his puddle jumper life vest thingy on (with a little help to stay upright). Dennis had him blowing bubbles in the water and he generally had a good time splashing around.
I played a little bit of shark attack with Jack and his cousin Kyle. Again this consisted of me catching them and tickling them into submission. I caught Hailey at one point to. For those that don't know she isn't always thrilled about trying new things though she has come out of her shell a lot lately. Anyway, she wanted nothing to do with going under the water or getting her face wet. Well, I don't think she will be swimming with Aunt Megan again too soon. The "shark" caught her and warned her she was going to get thrown and she should plug her nose cause she was going under. Then I tossed her. She went under...and SHE SURVIVED! She might take that warning to hold her breath a little more seriously in the future ;)
After the swimming we had lunch and ate an adorable garbage truck cake. Natalie had of course thought of everything - little garbage bag party favors, garbage truck cake, toy garbage truck transporting chex mex, and a little garbage truck craft to glue together.
Both parties were a blast and however belated - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARI & JACK!!
also a happy birthday to the big kids - Natalie, Paul, & Amanda!
No comments:
Post a Comment