Monday, September 24, 2012

George = 2

I hope to do a few catch-up posts but I can't guarantee they will be in any sort of order.

Since our "Cornerstone Vacation" a few things have changed around the Dixon house.  Most notably Dennis and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary and we somehow now have a 2 year old living in our house!

2!  How did this happen?  It seems like just yesterday he was just meeting us.


And then we were celebrating surviving the first year!?

And now...he's two?!  We've been practicing for awhile (probably too long) how to say two and to hold up two fingers.  He never really got the fingers but at least half the time he would answer TWO! when you asked him how old he would be.  If you asked him too many times though he would inevitably become 3 and then 4...

We celebrated his birthday by having a family birthday party on Saturday the 15th.  As his birthday falls close to Pumpkin Festival weekend we again celebrated down at my parents after having some family fun at the Pumpkin Festival.  George was so blessed to have all of his family there on both sides and we were happy everyone could make it.  He got some amazing presents - A Georgie sized chair, tractors, a tricycle, a sandbox, a baseball tee, clothes, toys, shoes...spoiled...  If you were one of the generous gift givers - again thanks!  Here are some pictures from the party!

Riding Tractors
Veggie Dip...yum

Loves his new chair!
Construction Cake!

On his actual birthday (a Monday), Dennis and I were able to take the morning off to spend with him.  We watched "Cat 'chines" in our new chair, took a trip to the store, killed some bees, and rode our new tricycle.  We hit up McDonalds for lunch where he had his first cheeseburger (and loved it) before we dropped him off at daycare to take his nap. 

I stole a page from my sister's book and decorated his doorway with caution tape...he had fun running through it and kept saying - my tape mommy.

He followed daddy down the steps while daddy was "killin bees" and I heard him crying.  As any good mom would do I decided to grab the camera when I saw why he was crying.  In true George form he immediately quit crying and said..."Cheeesssseeee".  I then tried to get Dennis to come in to see what he had done but he escaped from this entrapment before Dennis made it in the house...good thing I got the pictures.

The bees.  They had a nest in our front yard.  The nest is by the recycle bin.  Pouring gas on them made them angry.  So Dennis set up road blocks telling people to use the other sidewalk while we went and got Raid...then daddy killed the bees...and George told everyone about it!

 That evening we had some of our/his friends over for pizza and play time.  We had a great time and are so glad our friends could come over to play.  It is always crazy with so many people and kids in our little house but it is always fun!  Thanks for coming!
Celebrating with cake balls!  He blew both candles out himself!
Me and my baby - Georgie!

The kiddos!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment