As I mentioned in a previous post we moved George to his big boy bed a few weeks ago. I was very nervous to move him out of his crib because I really didn't want to deal with him getting up on his own and potentially not staying in his bed. I was dreading it.
We were planning to move him either over Thanksgiving or Christmas. But then one day a few weeks ago George asked Dennis to put him in his crib. Dennis obliged and then George said "look Daddy I can climb out". So needless to say we decided we needed to move him before he climbed out of his crib. We moved him to our spare, twin bed and moved his crib into the new babies room.
 |
| Helping take his crib down. He was fairly confused at this point. |
 |
| Putting his big boy bed together. |
To say he loves his big boy bed would be an understatement! He hasn't asked for the dreaded pacifier since we moved him and I don't even think he has cried going to bed. This is an improvement as he had been having a little trouble after we took his pacifier away back in August. The first day for his nap he got up on his own and I must have yelled at him pretty good because he got back in and hasn't gotten up on his own again since. :)
 |
| Trying out his new bed! |
 |
| Pretending to sleep |
I think his favorite new thing is that when he gets in bed at night I pull his sheet up and put a blanket on him and then I tuck him in and I say something about wrapping him up like a burrito in a sing-song voice. He loves it. He always asks "Burrito Mommy" when he gets in bed. He just giggles and giggles.
 |
| Getting ready for his first night. |
No comments:
Post a Comment