Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pumpkin Carving

Dennis and George carved a pumpkin while I made dinner one night.  Apparently there is a specific time in which we are supposed to buy and carve a pumpkin.  Well I never picked up a carving pumpkin in the weeks before Halloween so the week after I thought I would go pick up a pumpkin and we could carve it.  WRONG.  They switch holiday's and decorations way to quickly. 

I was fairly upset that I had missed out on carving a pumpkin this year - you know all waah, I'm the worst mother ever - saga.  So I made Dennis hit a few other places that sell flowers and outdoor stuff and what not.  He finally found us a prized carving pumpkin at a super discounted price of $3. :)

Drawing on the face
Digging out pumpkin guts

Getting all the seeds


Cutting out the ear

George liked to pull the pieces off after Dennis cut them
So the boys craved the pumpkin together and I observed.  George drew the face on and helped dig all the seeds out.  He was very please with his jack-o-lantern.


No comments:

Post a Comment