Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Crafts

George loves going to daycare which is wonderful but can also be hard for a working mom.  He has, on occasion, called me by his daycare providers name.  Won't lie - that is pretty rough.  Regardless, I am happy that he loves daycare and I'm also happy that she often takes time to do craft projects with the older kids.  He had a constant stream of art projects coming home between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Here are some of the projects he made...most at daycare and a few in Sunday School



Reindeer antlers made from hand-prints.
Hard to see but this is an egg carton with some hay and a packing peanut as baby Jesus.  By far he loved this project.  He carries it around talking about baby Jesus...who looks a bit like an alien in my opinion :)

This turkey was also well loved.  Gobble Gobble

We also took a Saturday to make gingerbread nativity scenes with George and Lila.  Well, to be honest, Megan and I with some help from the guys made nativity scenes as they were a little too complicated for the kiddos.  George did help me for a little while but was playing with Joseph.  He crashed Joseph through the room of the nativity and broke it into a couple pieces...needless to say I was a bit unhappy and he didn't really get to help me after that.  He did go over and help Megan for awhile...seems she had a bit more patience than me...I'm working on it.

George ate more than he helped...the boy loves graham crackers

Whoops!  spilled all the toothpicks
Lila was more interested in pulling all the toys down

Tony was in charge of pizza
George's finished project.  Turned out pretty cute I think
 
Lila's finished project...she was a proud 1 year old to build this

No comments:

Post a Comment