Keeping with normal tradition we went out tree hunting again this year to cut down our Christmas Tree. For better or worse our tradition begins with lunch at Arby's. We typically go after church on a Sunday and get the tree then come home and put it up while George naps.
 |
| Eating at Arby's |
We went to the same place we went last year - Tree's & Traditions in LeClaire. It is a fairly decent place. I like that they have a little bit of atmosphere - a barn with a sleigh to take pictures on and a few things in the shop. Still doesn't compare to The Red Barn but it is okay. I just wish that their tree selection was a little better.
We opted to hike out to the trees rather than ride their hay-rack as we would have had to wait and didn't want to waste the extra time as we sometimes push it with the nap time.
 |
| Found the Grinch in the tree field. |
We finally found a tree that we thought was pretty decent. In keeping with tradition we always name our trees...I can't say I always remember what we named them in the past but they all do have a name. Our first tree after being married was Bob. He was a good tree. Before we cut this one down I asked George if he liked it - he said "yeah". Then I asked him what we should name this tree. Without missing a beat he replied "Jonah".
 |
| George after he used the saw to cut down the tree...or something like that. |
 |
| George by a tractor in the barn |
 |
| Sitting with Daddy on the sleigh |
We took a few picture in the barn while we waited for them to package our tree up for us. It was pretty cold outside but nice and warm in the barn. It was another successful tree cutting adventure. We even got the top of a second tree for our Christmas card and eventually for Georgie's room.
No comments:
Post a Comment