Friday, June 17, 2011

9 Months

Well today my baby turned 9 months old!  I can't even believe how 9 months can go by so fast!  I still remember those first few days home from the hospital and freaking about how I'm going to handle caring for such a tiny person.  Thinking - crap my life is totally changed - he is never going to sleep through the night, he is going to cry all the time, he will probably not like me, who in their right mind decided we were ready for kids...Lets just say that at some points my fear was almost overwhelming.  At the top of the list was the sleeping thing...if you know me very well you know I have a high value for sleep and I am not a nice person if I don't get enough...just ask Dennis. 

Somehow though, one day turned into two days, two days turned into five days, five days turned into two weeks, two weeks became a month, a month became three months, then six months, and now nine months!  My fears aren't totally gone.  We were totally blessed with a great sleeper (God was watching out for me there), he certainly doesn't cry all the time, and at least right now he seems to like my company.  I still have silly fears like what if he never moves past pureed food, and I still worry about him not liking me or liking his babysitter more than me.  But regardless here we are 9 months later and I can hardly believe how blessed I feel because of this tiny little man!



We had a fabulous day celebrating the 9 months of his life.  Dennis and I both took a day of vacation so that we could spend the day together.  George got up at 6 but went back to sleep until 7 which was nice.  Dennis let me sleep until 8!  Then we lounged around the house for awhile and Dennis worked on his school work.  As soon as George woke up from his morning nap...or I woke him up I guess...around 11 we hoped in the car and headed out to Steward Farm to get his 9 month pictures take.  Ann Steward has taken both his 3 and 6 month pictures and we love her and her work!

So we spent close to two hours running around with her to get some hopefully great pics!  Afterwards we stopped at the Machine Shed for a fabulous late lunch.  Then we headed to see if we could find any garage sales and George promptly fell asleep.  Most of the sales were already closed as it was around 2 so we hit the car wash and then headed home.  Put George in his crib to finish his afternoon nap and then Dennis and I both laid down for naps as well.  You just gotta take a nap on a day off!  Dennis finally got me up around 5 and then we woke the boy up a little later...he was apparently pooped from our morning of pictures.

George and I played for awhile, called grandma and papa, and then Dennis made me BBQ Chicken legs for dinner with some peas from the garden.  YUM!  After G went to bed then we played ourselves some guitar hero...Dennis is still playing while I write this :)  It was a perfect, relaxed day as a family!  It is such a treat to get to spend extra time together!  Between both of us working and Dennis having so much to do with his masters our time together sometimes seems severely limited.  The best thing as I write this is that tomorrow is Saturday not Sunday!!!  That is a great feeling!

Thankfully George seems to be getting over his ear infections.  He has been on antibiotics since Tuesday and I was concerned because he clearly felt HORRIBLE on Wednesday and Thursday.  He was worse those days than any of the 5 previous days that he had fevers but no medicine.  I'm not sure I have ever seen him so fussy and upset with everything.  I was really worried that today was going to be a nightmare trying to do pictures and wanting to spend quality time together.  But about 7 on Thursday he seemed to turn a corner and he returned to the happy little boy that I remembered.  We go back to the doctor next Tuesday for his 9 month checkup and they will look at his ears again.

Here are a few pictures from last Sunday.

So sleepy he feel asleep on the floor.
 Dennis brought him home after church while I ran to Target and he changed his diaper and left him on the floor while he went to get a bottle to give him before his afternoon nap.  When he came back George was sound asleep on the floor...poor kid was so sleepy and not feeling well...he woke up after his nap with a 102 temperature.


Trying to distract the kid from his fever and crabbiness we went to the park to try out some swings.  Probably not the best idea but often George is fussier at home and happier when we are out and about so I figured some distraction was worth a shot.  He was mostly indifferent while we were at the park but it helped keep mommy sane.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!  Happy Fathers Day to all the daddy's out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment