Sunday, September 18, 2011

52 Weeks!

Well we made it.  Last Friday picture.

My goal was to make it a year so I could see how much my baby changed from looking like a little sweet baby and somehow turned into an almost toddler.  It doesn't really seem like the first whole year could already be over.  I still have many of the same fears about being a good mother that I had the day we brought him home.  But day by day he grows older and Dennis and I manage to keep him alive, healthy, and happy.

It has been a great first year.  Probably one of the best years of my entire life (and I've had a pretty stinking good life).  There have definitely been struggles and tears and daily frustrations.  But my little guy has brought so much laughter and enjoyment to my life that I didn't even know I was necessarily missing.  It is safe to say that this momma fell in love.  How could I not with a face like this?


But anyway - this is his Friday post not his birthday post.

This Friday we spent the day down in Morton.  We actually headed down on Wednesday afternoon to enjoy the entire Pumpkin Festival.  I haven't been able to attend the whole thing since I was in High School.  However, with George's upcoming birthday Dennis and I decided to take some vacation and enjoy some extra time together.  We went to the festival every day.  Wednesday we hung out with Natalie, Jack, Schaeffer, and Logan as well as my parents.  We did several rides - the train, motorcycles, carousel, wiggle worm, and cars.  George rode the cars, train, and carousel.  In true George form he kept a straight face during all the rides.  No idea if he actually enjoyed them but I think he did.  He didn't cry and seemed to have a good time.


On Thursday we went to the festival and had dinner and Dennis and I used up the last two tickets by going on the Ferris Wheel.  It was scary.  I did not enjoy it.  I have no idea why it scared me but I don't ever remember it being so high or being such a wuss.  But it was fun once it was over.  On Friday I spent the entire day baking George's birthday cake.  Then we went to the festival with Natalie, Paul, and kids as well as my sister Amanda and her kids Hailey, Micah, and Mari.  We of course rode some more rides.  My favorite was the wiggle worm.  I rode with Jack, Hailey, and Micah and we had a blast.  I don't think we stopped laughing from when we got on the ride until we got off.  This was the last right of the night though that didn't stop them from asking as we got off "Motorcycle one last time?"  We ended the night with some delish pumpkin ice cream!

So anyway, we had so much fun going to the festival and can't wait for another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment