Still catching up. I'm not the greatest about real time blogging...
The day after Christmas, well I guess two days after Christmas we took an adventure to Monkey Joes. For those who don't know it is basically a place with lots of bounce house type things set up. They have ones with great big slides and ones that you climb around in and everything is inflatable. I learned about it from my sister and have wanted to take George but he wasn't old enough to really do anything for awhile. So it was suggested by my sister that we do some sort of activity the day after we celebrated Christmas so I suggested Monkey Joes.
It was awesome! I had so much fun and so did the kids. They have an area for littler kids and then bigger slides and what-not for bigger kids. George had such a great time. He was smiling and giggling and it was wonderful. I was a little nervous at first because he didn't seem thrilled with the slides. This momma made a small mistake which probably didn't help. My brother-in-law said that he sends the little ones down the slides on their stomachs rather than sitting up so the first slide I hoisted George us and put him on his stomach...face first. I realize that it seems dumb now but I didn't think anything of it. It was a short slide and George wasn't thrilled. Then I saw Paul put one of the twins down on their stomach...feet first. DUH! George made the switch and a couple of slides later he was LOVING IT!
By the end we would carry him up to the top of the big slide and he would do the rest. He would crawl to the edge, turn backwards, and let go. Then he would squeal with delight the rest of the way.
Monkey Joe's was a definite hit with all the kids and an outing we will definitely try again!
No comments:
Post a Comment