I can't believe I am actually posting on the actual day! Yay! It is nice to have a weekend home... I can't actually remember the last weekend we were home. I know it was before the 4th of July but I can't remember if it was the weekend before or even before that...oh well. We have had tons of fun traveling and we certainly haven't been bored but it is nice to have a weekend home.
| Look at me walking Mommy!! |
Our main struggle lately has been this eating thing. Ugh! I am one frustrated mommy. He has totally got texture issues. Ugh. No idea where he would get that from :). It is so frustrating. Every meal is a struggle lately. He throws a fit. He won't feed himself the first time he has a food. So we did green beans three days in a row. He let me feed them to him on day one but wouldn't put them in his mouth. He just picks them up and drops them and rubs his fingers together like eww. By day three he was picking them up on his own. Today we did apple pieces and he just totally freaked out. They were too slimy I think. so we coated them with cheerio powder...well he definitely didn't care for that. He didn't even want us to feed them to him but once it was in his mouth he did just fine. Hopefully tomorrow he will do better with apples. I tried to give him shredded cheese and he hated it...but he had it a few weeks ago and loved it! I just don't know what to do.
| He loves playing with daddy and being tossed around |
I just keep reminding myself that a couple of weeks ago he wouldn't pick ANYTHING up himself and before that he gagged on EVERYTHING! So really I should just relax and know he will get it but I am just so tired of fighting at meal time. I am trying to figure out how to get him to drink his milk with his meal too and he doesn't seem to like that. He still drinks a full 6 oz bottle before bed...but 30 minutes before bed he won't touch it while eating. I just wonder if we will ever be able to drop that bed time bottle.
The super good news is that we had macaroni and cheese tonight for the first time and he really seemed to like that! I didn't let him feed himself with it because he was in a bit of a frenzy from the apple pieces still and I was worried he would flip out more from the gooey cheese. But he ate the whole serving I dished and he didn't choke or anything! Yay!
| Please momma, no more finger foods, I want my purees back. |
No comments:
Post a Comment