Monday, July 18, 2011

Friday - 43 Weeks

We hit another major milestone in this mommy's book during week 43.  George started feeding himself! Last Tuesday (the 12th) Georgie surprised Dennis and I by finally picking up a puff and moving it to his mouth!  This is super duper good news.  I'm not sure when the "right" time is for babies to start feeding themselves by picking up food and putting it in their mouth but I do know that most babies can do this fairly early on.  George has struggled with all foods he has to chew.  It took us a couple months for him to open his mouth and take a puff without gagging or having to hold him down.  Once he mastered that I thought he would just start doing it himself.  No such luck.  Then boom he put one in his mouth and now he is really getting the hang of it!  Every day he gets better and better.  It seems like when he gets a new skill he masters it in about a week and this is no exception.  He had ate a good portion of puffs, cheerios, and blueberries and only dropped maybe 2 or 3!


Playin!

Loves to blow bubbles and make funny noises!
 Happy 43 Weeks to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment