Sunday, August 28, 2011

49 Weeks

Only about 3 more weeks until George turns one.  I am feeling a mixture of excitement, happiness, sadness, and fear about this.  I am a bit anxious to end his weekly pictures as sometimes I feel like I am forcing the Friday pictures and that they all look the same.  I am excited because Birthday's are fun and I know that the P-fest will be a wonderful weekend of family and fun and excitement.  But it is also hard to see my baby growing up so fast.  A whole year!  What is funny is that I can still remember the day we brought him home and how scared I was about being responsible for this little person.  I am still scared about it and I still have no idea how we are going to survive parenthood...but yet we do one day at a time.


I couldn't even imagine how happy this little boy could make me.  Funny enough I could easily envision how angry and frustrated he could make me but when he giggles - oh my - every time I just melt. 


This last week or two Dennis and him have been spending a little extra time just the two of them because I have just been swamped at work.  I called home one night and Dennis said they were playing hide and seek.  I thought that was a funny thing for a baby to be playing but whatever.  Most of these pictures are from their hide-and-seek game they played on Friday before I got home.

It is so funny though to watch and play "hide and seek" with George.  He loves it.  Basically it just consists of Dennis making a big show and running down the hall or where ever to his "hiding place" and saying while he runs where did Daddy go.  Find Daddy.  Typically when you run off George will just start following you crawling as fast as he can and laughing.  George will follow behind and then "find" you behind the chair or wherever you "hid" and his joy, excitement and laughter when he sees you is amazing.  He is just so delighted.  And then off we go again to a new "hiding" spot.  Favorites include - behind the chair in his room, in the closet, under the table, behind the couch, under pillows...the possibilities are endless.

 Today we were "hiding" George under pillows.  Oh my goodness.  When you cover his eyes with a pillow he immediately stops moving and lays perfectly still.  He doesn't wiggle or anything.  So of course you then say where is George, where did George go and he just lays there until you pull the pillow off his eyes and then he squeals with delight and rolls over and moves around.  If he wanted to play and you didn't put the pillow on he was also burying his head into the carpet or into the bed.  Again - once he hides his eyes he gets perfectly still and just waits for you to "find him".  Ridiculously cute.

buh-bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment